Oak Creek Veterinary Care has been continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the novel coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) and the impact it may have on our clients, the pets we care for, and our team members. We are using guidelines from national, state, and local authorities to assist with our decisions in how we can provide a continuance of care for your pets while being responsible and supportive of the efforts to minimize the spread of the coronavirus in our community. Please check our website blog, Facebook page, and messages via our app for most recent updates.
We have made further modifications to the way we will provide services. These modifications will be in effect beginning Monday March 23, 2020, and will continue until further notice.
Business hours: We will strive to continue our normal business hours and notify you ASAP should any changes need to take place.
Effective Monday, March 23, only essential hospital personnel will be allowed inside all areas of Oak Creek Veterinary Care until further notice.
1. Stay in your vehicle. Call 414-301-9113 once you have arrived.
2. By phone, a technician will discuss your concerns, including symptoms, any medications, etc.
3. During this call, you will be assigned a color. Please meet a technician at the main entrance when you see them holding a sign with your color.
Exam and consultation:
1. After your pet is examined, you will receive a call to discuss findings and a potential treatment plan.
2. An estimate for services will be provided during this call.
3. A verbal consent for both the treatment plan and charges will be needed; credit card or Care Credit are preferred but cash will be accepted.
Check-out and discharge:
1. Once your pet’s treatment has been completed, you will receive a call to discuss the discharge process. We will also email a copy of the discharge notes to you.
2. We will collect payment prior to returning your pet to you.
3. Your pet will be returned to you using our side entrance (employee). The technician will give you any receipts when they return your pet to you.
Medication and/or food pick-up: All of these items should be ordered and pre-paid with a credit card prior to coming to the hospital. Once you arrive, call from our parking lot and a staff member will bring items to your vehicle. Do not enter the hospital.
Home delivery: This is also a great time to make use of our online pharmacy so that home delivery can occur at no charge. Please call the clinic to help us facilitate that for you.
On behalf of the entire OCVC team, we appreciate your support in following these recommendations as we all try to navigate this rapidly changing situation.
City of Oak Creek: https://www.oakcreekwi.org/
Wisconsin Department of Health: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/
American Veterinary Medical Association: https://www.avma.org/resources